The history of Kemper
en van Twist goes back to 1836. Founder Willem van
Twist began with a horse stable, later expanding into transport
and removal services. In 1900 he started a car garage. From the
beginning of the 20th century Van Twist sold diesel
engines for a variety of applications.
In 1936 Van Twist was appointed distributor of Perkins Engines
and is the oldest in the world. All industrial activities were
amalgamated in 1948 into the company Kemper en van Twist Diesel
In 1992 Kemper en van Twist acquired the renowned technical
trading company Hunter N.V.
in Antwerp, Belgium. Both companies manage broadly, on an exclusive
basis, the same agencies for the entire Benelux. Hunter N.V.
also has an extensive program
for boat accessories and ship components.